1) No attachment to material things, situations, people.
2) Giving receiving giving in a circular form.
3) Trust The unknown, universe, not coincidences.
- LETTING GO of THINGS/SITUATIONS/PEOPLE
The human being seems to be immensely in love with what is material and it is through something purely simple and material like a bag that the project of N.O.B. (Not only Barcelona) was born.
Because we get attached to a job that we do not like.
Because we get attached to an useless relationship that we know very well could not work.
Because when death arrives in our lives we see it through western eyes.
It is a simple exercise learning to let go, starting from the bottom, then learning , to let go at a higher level.
A magic ritual, a mantra, a tradition that in some parts of the world still exists and that in the so-called developed world existed until recently.
The energy of letting go increases little by little wearing the bag, and so, we begin to let go.
- GIVING/RECEIVING/GIVING in a CIRCULAR FORM
All religions and philosophies teach us, always, to give. When you give, without any expectation or pretence, but simply because it comes from within, then in your time of need, help will always come to support you. The most beautiful and surprising thing is that this always comes from unexpected directions, just to allow us to believe and trust in the other and the universe.
- TRUST the UNKNOW, UNIVERSE, NOT COINCIDENCES
We have been taught for some strange reason that we cannot, we must not change direction in our lives, that before we jump in the direction of the unknown, we must be protected and calculate the consequences . Then comes the time when, if you do not let go of the certain for the uncertain, you might get sick, or you will get older and you risk remaining in an eternal loop. If we let ourselves be guided, instead, by the thrust we feel inside, if we believe in the universe and what it represents, then good things will come from the right direction.
INSTRUCTIONS for THE USE
1) You choose to embrace a Lasa Ande bag (there are many different models, with various details, because every human being is unique and true).
2 ) The inscription Lasa Ande derives from the dialect spoken in the Emilia Romagna region in Italy and it means “letting go”. A dialect rich in traditions and culture that today is at risk of disappearing.
3) Each bag contains a diary in which is indicated the number, the nickname, the address, what you want to let go, a first trip recommended, choosing between Italy and abroad.
4 ) The first recommended trip was written by those who have already embraced the bag, a simple example of giving without receiving.
5) When you want and if you want , you can choose with whom to swap the bag, choosing from the list of bags already on the road, for which has been reserved an entire post in the blog of N.O.B. You can exchange your bag by mail, meeting in one of the Lasa Andè Houses, in a third place, or endless other possibilities… long life to the creativity.
The bags are sewn and hand-printed in Italy. All the material has been sourced from within 30 Km. Our goal, which we are slowly achieving, is to become fluid and therefore 100% sustainable with local production, distribution, and seamstress. We decided to become fluid starting with Barcelona and Lebanon.
Lets go back to writing a diary by hand – it stimulates creativity. That’s not just N.O.B. talking, it has also been confirmed by authoritative scientific studies. In some prestigious American schools, for example, handwriting is being introduced as a new field of study. Writing by hand often helps to put in order our inner thoughts, and costs much less than a session with the psychologist.
Exchanging the diary, where you can write about everything that has happened (on the road, but also in your daily life, which is perhaps, the most difficult journey) and that helped us to grow and put us in a situation where you are open to learn. Why do we read books? So that we are able to understand, imagine things that often we wouldn’t be able to do on our own.
To exchange the bag and the diary with people of different nationalities allows us to learn our fears and our prejudices.